Between choosing your outfits, props and deciding on locations, do you really have time to devote to a personal brand photo shoot?
I know it can feel like dedicating all that time and energy into one session can feel overwhelming, so let’s break it down and see if you even have the time for a photo shoot.
Option 1: take your own photos each day
- Put on makeup & cute top: 15-20 minutes
- Take photo & edit (this is assuming you’re taking your photo in your home; add more for travel time if you want a different background): 5-10 minutes
- So 25 minutes/day x 90 photos is 37 1/2 hours per quarter!
Option 2: Quarterly personal brand photo shoot
- Plan out session with photographer: 30 minutes – 1 hour
- Plan up to 5 outfit changes: 30 minutes
- Put on makeup and cute clothes: 20-30 minutes
- Photo Session: up to 3 hours
- Total max time investment: 5 hours
What!?!?! That’s crazy! I’m sure you’re saying, well I put makeup & a cute top on every day….ok cool. Let’s figure just 5 minutes a day for taking a photo and editing it then. If you only figure 5 minutes a day you still spend 7-1/2 hours per quarter taking your photos! I don’t know about you, but I don’t look cute every day…plus I’d rather spend 5 hours (max) a quarter getting professional, non-selfie photos rather than 7-1/2 hours taking my own and stressing about it every day.
What to do if you don’t have the budget for a personal brand photo shoot
I realize not everyone has the budget right away for professional photos. If that is your case, here are a few ideas for how you can still save yourself time each quarter and show up consistently online.
- Trade services with a photographer. Do you offer a service that you could trade for photos?
- Get dolled up once a week or two and go take your photos so at least you don’t have to look cute every.single.day. Cause some of us just don’t have time for that nonsense. Amiright?? #momlife
- See if your photographer offers a lower package. For my first time clients, I offer a package that has less photos and is less expensive. Just a way for you to dip your toes in and see if you even like me and to see if this personal brand photography thing is useful to you.
I sure hope this was helpful and opened your eyes to see how much time you spend each quarter on taking photos. Curious what I charge and want to see if it’s something you want to chat about? Click this link to see my pricing. Want to contact me to see if this is right for your business? Use the form below and I’ll be in touch!
Until next time,